Call for Papers
- Call for Papers
Explore offshore mariculture opportunities in Asia
*The call for papers is now closed
The global aquaculture industry continues to be the fastest growing animal-food-producing sector, accounting for around half of all fish consumed in the world today. OMC Asia will continue to build on the success of its European and Mexican sister events.
This two day international technical conference provided local attendees with the chance to learn from established operations in the countries who pioneered in this industry, such as those in the European region and allow international experts, equipment suppliers and investors the opportunity to meet the local stakeholders interested in moving to cage quality finfish production.
Following input from the Conference Advisory Board, the call for papers for the 2018 Conference was finalised below:
- Moving from inefficient “nearshore” production approaches to higher energy offshore/industrial approaches – success stories
- Zoning, licensing and security for offshore operations – service providers and linkages to regional and national governments
- Development of large scale hatcheries for production of large quantities of high quality fingerlings, including breeding advances and technology
- Netting the right offshore technology – cages, netting, monitoring systems
- Maximising the efficiency of your operation – need for high quality feeds and targeted nutrition
- Securing financial support for offshore ventures and joint venture approaches – investment case studies
- Marketing – identifying/targeting species and markets before production including requirements for standards and certifications
Abstracts using case and “real life” studies will be given precedence.
Abstracts should be no more than 200 words and should be sent, with a biography of the speaker, headshot photo and logo, to email@example.com by 10th January 2018* at the latest.
Be one of the first to hear when the additional categories are announced for call for papers - subscribe to free enewsletters here! For further information about speaking, sponsoring or attending as a delegate, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.